You may have recently received an Economic Impact Payment prepaid debit card from the government in the mail. This is money for you under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Do not throw this card away. You will need this card to access your Economic Impact Payment. You must first activate your card by phone before you can use it. Once activated, your money is safe and secure on the card. Be sure to immediately report if your card is lost or stolen.
The envelope is plain on purpose to avoid mailbox theft. The name and address at the top of the letter that accompanies the card is:
Money Network Cardholder Services
PO Box 247022
Omaha, NEW 68124-7022
Once activated, you may use your card for:
- POS Transaction - Card can be used like a Visa Debit Card to pay for items at many merchants. (No Fee and $2,500 per transaction, per day limit)
- ATM Withdrawal ($1,000 daily limit) - IRS recommends recipients use the ATM Locator on the website to find an In-Network (no fee) ATM.
Note: No Local Financial Institutions are included in the free ATM list; which means an ATM Network and Card Issuer fee can be assessed.
- ACH Transfer - Funds can be moved to your Personal Bank Account through an online account ACH Transfer. (No Fee and Limits apply)
- This is a great option if you are looking to deposit funds on a card payable to more than one person, when one of the payees is unable to sign for a cash advance (withdrawal).
- Cash Advances - There is NO Fee for your FIRST cash advance (withdrawal) from the card. However, there is a $5 fee charged by the issuing bank (MetaBank) for each subsequent cash advance.